Throughout our time together, we’ve covered so many topics; first time con going, how to date the sweetest nerd of them all and fantastic workouts to keep your body in top nerd shape.
It’s time to take things a step further.
Let’s say, you’ve found the one – You’ve caught all the Pokemon, you’ve settled all of Catan, and you’ve got couples costumes lined up for every Wizard World in 2016.
Your taking the next steps in your life, and I couldn’t be more proud. I feel like M, and you’re the badass-iest Bond of them all.
Welcome to Adulthood.
Adulthood happens in a number of circumstances:
- You’ve found your soulmate and you’re planning to get married/ live together/ grow old in your gaming rockers together.
- You get kicked out of your mom’s basement and she trades in the minivan for a PT cruiser because it’s ‘speedier’ and she can get to water aerobics for seniors quicker.
- Your income just went from hourly to salary, and now you have something called benefits? (Similar to level ups)
- You find yourself saying things like, “Banana Republic is much more sensible, and I’ve got a 20% off coupon.”
- You save up vacation days for cons, but also vacations. Like, real ones, not the all inclusive tour of Cardiff.
All of these things are very wonderful, but for those of us transitioning from spandex to sensible heels, it can be a process. Recently, I’ve found myself transitioning too and let me be the first to say, it doesn’t have to all be scary. Pick your head up, keep the exploding TARDIS poster up, and embrace it; It’s morphin’ time.
Looking forward to everything 2016 holds for nerds everywhere.
For more info on comics, video games, movies and anything else nerd, check out Nerdlocker.com, a place for your inner nerd.
Also check us out on:
Nerdlocker Shop: http://www.nerdlocker.com/store
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org